Saturday, March 3, 2012

God's Anvil

I haven't posted an inspiration post in months. I suppose it is due to the fact that I am extremely busy and have numerous term papers to write. I have been studying the book of acts digging deeper into the stories of Paul and his missions, praying that the Lord would give me insight and draw me closer to him.

I have to admit that these past few months, I have felt stagnant and dry. I have been longing for t the spirit of the Lord to fall afresh on me and waken me up. With many pleading cries out to God I have been reminded that I am a laid upon the anvil of God.

I know that many people have experienced lack of desire, motivation wanes, slowly sink into a valley of doubt. Passion slowly slips out the door and the light switch is off and darkness fills my little apartment.

I am on the anvil. (Anvil: a block, usually iron, where tools are bent into shape)

Now, I don't want to give the assumption that I have fallen into a big dark hole, but in light of some relationship struggles lately I feel like God has lead me to a valley. I can sit here and truly begin to know who I am and who He is.

Max Lucado said it best, "He may lead us through a storm at age thirty so we can endure a hurricane at age sixty"

This stormy valley of singleness, I am truly embracing. May I keep my eyes focused on the author and finisher of my faith and truly grip the promise that I am not alone, He will never leave me nor forsake me. I am a tool that is laid on the anvil of the Almighty God, being shaped and molded to advance His kingdom.

No comments: